Pick My Brain

1 husband, 1 preschooler, 1 baby, 1 dog... insanity? probably.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sleep and cuteness

On Sleep

Well that one blissful night of sleep has not been repeated.
I'm a sleepwalker today. Niall was up for 2 1/2 hours last night. He just didn't want to sleep. It was actually probably pretty comical to watch. He would work his way up to standing, I would lean forward (I was in the rocker next to his crib) and lay him back down and pat his head, then he would stand again. Over and over and over, and neither one of us making a peep. He was like some sort of horror movie zombie that just wouldn't give up. Finally went to sleep though, and then woke at 5:30 to eat. I fed him and put him back in the crib, and we did the standing thing again but only for about 15 minutes before he gave up and went to sleep.
Soooooo I think that's my new tactic. And I've found that if I don't say anything to him and lay him right back down when he gets to a stand, he doesn't start crying. Weird...

On Cuteness
I recorded Rowan singing Bicycle Built for Two this morning, only he was saying Niall Niall, and he calls it the bicycle man song.


Niall managed peas that were hand cranked and not strained. He didn't like it, but he did it anyway. I belive that this child does not like change, and so anything different will have to be introduced firmly for him to believe that it has to be. I can't spend all my time in the kitchen straining his food.
John is working from home today. It's still raining and has been since last week. We might see sun on Friday. I am hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home