Pick My Brain

1 husband, 1 preschooler, 1 baby, 1 dog... insanity? probably.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Niall's 1st sleep log, after NCSS

7:30 -- to bed awake, patted to sleep, did not nurse (too full!)
8:17 -- wake up confused, patted back to sleep without picking up - not even sure if that's a real wakeup
10:00 - 10:15 -- Up to nurse, back to crib mostly asleep
1:25 - 1:45 -- woke up very hungry, but John rocked him back to sleep at 1:34, but he was back up at 1:39 and nursed very quickly and hungrily back to sleep
5:15 - up to nurse, and up for the day. We tried to get him back to sleep, but he was AWAKE. Don't know where this came from but it's the first time he's ever been up that early. I'm hoping it was a fluke!

Total night's sleep = 9 hours 45 minutes. (very odd. he would normally sleep 12 hours)
Total wakeups = 3 (would normally be 4 as he would go back to sleep after the 5am one)
Total wakeups that got ME up (my most important guage -- I don't care about the ones that he does before I go to bed) = 1, but would normally be 2 if he went back to sleep!
Most consecutive sleep = 3 1/2 hours

So consecutive sleep has gone up by an hour
Wakings that get ME up has gone from 6 to 1!
And he's gone from sleeping in bed with me to sleeping in a crib by himself.

I think that's progress!

Props to John for taking the first shift and letting me sleep until 8, and going back for his sleep then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home