Pick My Brain

1 husband, 1 preschooler, 1 baby, 1 dog... insanity? probably.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Saturday, September 24, 2005

On the way up

Life is good most of the time. When you hit rock bottom the only place to go is up, and sometimes you get a shining ray of hope that all will be well in a shorter time than you thought possible.
Last night I had a bath, and I went to bed at 9pm.
Niall nursed at 10:30, but I fell asleep before he was done. John had come to bed too, and thought that I would tell him when Niall had finished nursing. He didn't realize I was asleep and he fell asleep too. So we managed to cosleep for part of the night.
I was surprised to wake up at 2:30 (4 solid hours of sleep!) to find Niall in bed with me starting to stir. I poked John and he got Niall out of bed and rocked him back to sleep.
He woke up at one other time near 4, but John once again managed to get him to sleep. We offered him some water in a bottle, but that was just insulting and he refused it.
He came back to bed to nurse at 5am, and we all got up at 7.
Little man managed 10:30-5 without a meal... his longest stretch in his entire life. And he did it with much less of a fight than I anticipated. We are on our way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home