Pick My Brain

1 husband, 1 preschooler, 1 baby, 1 dog... insanity? probably.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Meatloaf

This is a snippet of my afternoon....
----------------

I'm making meatloaf for dinner. I've been meaning to make it for the past 3 nights, but something else has always come up. The meat has been in the fridge so it NEEDS to be made tonight.
It's a big package from the warehouse store, so what I don't use tonight I'll freeze. I get out the meat and some freezer bags for the rest. I open the package.
I need more counter space, and I realize the giant ketchup bottle is out taking up room.
I put up the ketchup.
While putting up the ketchup, I knock over Rowan's mostly full cup of milk from lunch, that he didn't drink so I stuck it in the fridge so he could have it with dinner.
Milk goes everywhere.
I put towels on the milk to soak it up, and go back to bagging the meat because it's sitting there open.
I realize I need to mop the floor to get up the milk, but first I need to sweep the floor.
I try to get the broom.
Dh was the last one to use the broom. We keep it between the fridge and the wall. It's all the way in the back. He forgets I have short arms.
I try to prod the broom with my swiffer type mop, but the cannister of cleaner means the handle isn't long enough to reach it.
I try to hook it with my regular mop, but it doesn't budge.
I remember the barbeque tongs that are super long. I use them to get the broom.
Dh calls, I tell him about the broom and he feels sorry, and compliments me on my go-go-gadget ability.
I hang up the phone and remember the meatloaf. I don't want to mess with it now because there's still milk crud all over the floor and I have to walk in it to fix anything.
I sweep the floor.
I realize the meat doesn't need to be sitting out, so I stick it back in the fridge while I mop.
I go to get the bucket to fix the mop water, only to find it has a half inch of water with a dead bug floating in it.
I wash the bucket out so I can make the mop water in a clean bucket.
I mop the floor.
While I'm mopping, I decide that since I had to make the bucket of water anyway I should mop the bathroom.
That means I need to sweep it first.
Bathroom done, I decide I need a cup of coffee.
A friend calls to tell me that her dc has come down with croup and she thought I should know because we had a playdate here at my house yesterday.
I really need that coffee now.
I pour myself a cup and sit down to have a break.

The meat is still in the fridge.
Wings sound really good about right now....

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

oh milli.... what a day!! It sounds rough, but I can't stop laughing!!! especially the "go go gadget arms comment!! too funny!! hope today goes better for yoU!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, man! Amelia and I laughed and laughed when I read it outloud to her this morning! Haven't we all been there!? I'm glad you wrote it down for us all to read...so funny! Fran

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home